ON LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
If you have received an A in one of my courses, or worked with me closely, feel free to contact me about a letter of recommendation. I need at least one month’s notice to write a letter of recommendation. If I have agreed to write a letter on your behalf, please send by email the following:
1. information about the program or fellowship to which you’re applying;
2. a draft of the essay that you’ll be submitting along with the application to the program or fellowship;
3. if a graduate student, a current curriculum vitae; if an undergraduate student, a current resumé;
4. where possible, a copy of work that you have completed for one of my classes (with my comments);
5. an unofficial copy of your transcripts.